Tuesday, December 17, 2013

A whole new way to judge success!

I'm thinking that due to the difference of my workouts now vs. pre MS I am in need of coming up with something tangible so that I can feel truly successful vs okay yeah I had a workout...and after today's session I think I know what it might be!

I walked into the studio and up the stairs (one at a time) on my own power with no help, and walking out I needed the trusty 100yr old tobacco stick that has been fashioned into a cane with an antique glass knob as the handle to help me out! I'd say that just might constitute success! 

Maybe I don't hate that ugly thing as much as I think that I do. It was certainly better than not being able to work out! I caught myself worrying as we left what the people across the street and in the running shop downstairs and of course at the training studio next door were thinking if they were looking out,  seeing me hobble out like a little old lady and guess what? I didn't care! know why?
Cause my workout kicked total ass and it felt great to be wobbly and spent! I felt lucky to have a daughter that was willing to spend the time working out with me making sure I wasn't doing anything crazy and stupid, and was willing to carry the ugly stick upstairs for me instead of making me carry it when I didn't need it! 

This just all goes to prove that it really is all in the attitude doesn't it? The cane can be my judgement stick as to how well I actually worked out! 

I think I like it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment