Friday, May 19, 2017

Day 19 thoughts on the anti-inflammation protocol, yoga and the infarred sauna

Okay, so we battled through the weekend and the first part of the week and guess what, things got better! On Tuesday I woke up with a definite change in facial pain which is really exciting. I tried not to get too excited but so far it is still holding a notch lower than it has been in a very long time, so now all bets are off and I am full on excited. I am positive that this is the result of the anti-inflammation diet!

This week I started testing foods back into my diet. Right off the bat I got onions back!!! I got to test garlic on Wednesday which was especially awesome because it all went well! Today (Thursday) I got to test peanuts which was pretty fantastic but is too soon to see if there will be any trouble. If today goes well then on Sunday I will test eggs. I think that (other than onions) all of the foods are tested individually and then not added back into a weekly routine until all of the inflammatory foods have been tested.

My mug of hot water and 30 min of yoga every morning is paying off too. I am noticeably calmer and far more flexible which really seems to help a bit with the muscle spasms!

The infarred sauna is most definitely helping with sleep. A lot of people who know that I am heat affected (thank you MS) have asked why on earth would I got hot on purpose knowing that it messes me up. I know that it seems crazy but infarred seems to have an awful lot of healing value plus it relaxes muscles. I bought a sauna of my own so that I do not have to wait somewhere in public for my vision to return to normal or for my legs to able to walk well enough to take me home. I can sit and close my eyes or read and and wait to return to normal at my own pace and then head to bed and sleep so much better because hey, when you are asleep you don't notice that awful wobbly, gutted feeling the mix of heat and MS causes.



No comments:

Post a Comment